Early attempt to write a game engine inspired by Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.Object Pascal Lazarus OpenGL SDL Newton OpenAL
This project was started in early 2007 and was insprired by the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. The goal was to create a game engine capable of rendering large outdoor environments like Oblivion. While I never managed to create anything close to a full fledged game engine it served as a good learning project for mastering OpenGL and homing my skills.
In 2010 I decided to restart the project from scratch to adress some of the main issues like a lack of propper content creation tools and the general engine design limitations.
In recent years I revisited this project several times cleaning up the code and adding some new features for nostagic reasons;)
Currently all work on this project has stopped and it will not be updated anymore.
- Multi-layered heightmap based terrain
- Water with reflection, refraction, waves and underwater effects
- Foliage (grass, trees, bushes) with animations
- Skydome with clouds and animations
- Octree based scene management
- Forward lighting system with support for 1 directional light with projective soft shadowmaps.
- Modular shader system
- FXAA and SSAO post processing effects
- Multi-platform using SDL
- OpenAL based sound system
- Newton based physics system
- OpenGL based rendering system